Bio not provided
We're all the way to Suckville. We're the Mayor of Suckville. We're just halfway through experiencing this dumpster fire
1 month ago on Masturbatory Vikings Game 8 Preview: Half Way to Suckville
Freeman only really started to suck last season... when Schiano started coaching the Bucs (and when they didn't have even a half decent tight end and only one decent receiver). Frazier may not be the best coach, but is damn sure better than Schiano (who's totally get fired after this season), and we have a better receiving corps overall than the Bucs (I don't know how that is possible, but its true).
Freeman isn't an elite QB or anything, but he's got to be better than Ponder and Cassel... or he'll be a train wreck and we can get Bridgewater or (dare to dream) Clowney (which would give us a D line of Griffin/Robinson, Floyd, and Clowney... and maybe another DT that would could pick up in the second round (Hageman from the Gophers)... I get a boner just thinking about that D line))
1 month, 4 weeks ago on [UPDATE] Is Josh Freeman a Viking Yet? Yes!
Each of the 0-3 teams have issues that have caused their current winless status.
1. The Steelers have a ton of injuries and an aging defense (albeit with a couple elite players). Their injured players will heal. Maybe it won't happen this season, but they'll be fine next season (particularly if they get a top 5 or top 10 draft pick)
2. The Giants... well, I don't know what is wrong with them. It might just be bad luck, or aging talent. I think they also have some injuries. I also think their misfortune is temporary.
3. The Bucs actually have a TON of talent (particularly on defense). Their biggest liability is their coach. He'll get fired this year. The Bucs are going to be fine.
4. Washington and Minnesota probably have the lowest overall levels of talent, especially on defense. Both teams have elite players (Vikings with Purple Jesus, the Redskins with RGIII). It's debatable which of us has a worse coach (I personally think Frazier is actually a pretty good coach who is saddled with (a) mediocre talent (at least on defense), and (b) a marginal coaching staff).
I think the Vikings are slightly worse off just because: (a) our best player is a RB, and unfortunately in a couple years, his production is going to start declining (even for PJ); and (b) this is such a pass-happy league, and no matter how bad RGIII has been this year (although I still think that is just rust that he had because he didn't have a preseason), he is still an elite QB. Our QB is an abandoned tire fire.
Of course, the Jags are by far the most doomed team. There talent level is so awful that I can't believe it. Their "starting QB" is somehow even worst than Ponder. Their star RB is aging faster than ours. I don't even know who their coach is.
2 months, 1 week ago on Are We Sure Vikings Aren't Most Doomed Team?
@Chase Tyler Anderson Yep... we call them Twin Cities Packers fans.
I don't think Frazier's the issue. I think we should keep Frazier as HC, and fire Musgrave as the OC. His playcalling is atrocious.
We can replace Musgrave with either Shaw or Strong. I doubt we could convince Shaw to leave Stanford for an Offensive Coordinator job, but Strong might jump at the chance to parlay his team's (temporary) success into an NFL position. Plus, he would get to continue to coach Teddy Bridgewater after the Vikings (hopefully) sew up the #2 pick in the draft.
2 months, 1 week ago on So Who Should Be the Vikings Coach in 2014?
2 months, 1 week ago on PJD's Game Three Recap: Keeping That Winless Streak Alive!
When there's something strange, in your backfield today... who ya gonna call? Ghost Backer!
When you see tackling stats, but you don't know where... who's it gonna be? Ghost Backer!
3 months ago on PJD's Preseason Game 4 Recap: An Epic Comeback
3 months, 1 week ago on Reputable News Source Ranks Ponder 4th Best NFL QB
This is why I don't watch preseason games (at least other than the third one). (1) They don't count; (2) Teams play differently than they really plan to (the Bills apparently had an "exotic" defense that worked, it just as easily could have blown up in their faces... and they could never have pulled that crap in a real game with PJ actually playing); (3) it just makes you pissed off.
Call me when the games actually matter.
3 months, 2 weeks ago on PJD's Preseason Game 2 Recap: The Exotic City of Buffalo
That being said... I'm really enjoying this moment right now. The favorite thing I've read so far was a comment on the Seattle newspaper's story on the surgery from a guy called "MNHawk" who wrote:
"As a MN resident I am really regretting all the needling of my Viking coworkers back in March. Tomorrows payback will suck"
4 months ago on So That Percy Harvin Trade Seems to be Working Out
@Hammy1724 I assume like Ramen noodles. Mmm... Ramen.
So if I'm doing my math right, Percy could possibly be back and available around Week 10 or Week 11. Let's just see who the Seahawks play in Week 11... oh %&*#%&! Now I know God is just fucking with us.
I'm guessing you are relatively young if this is your Top 10. I would only consider two on your list even worth of consideration as Top 10 "of all time" (The Simpsons and Seinfeld, with Friends getting an honorable mention but not cracking the Top 10). And "Big Bang Theory"? Really? That's not even Top 50.
As others have listed, there are several others that at least need to be considered above these (most are repeats of those already listed):CheersI Love LucyAll in the FamilyHappy Days (two of the spinoffs from this show, Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy, are better than most of the shows on your list)The Mary Tyler Moore ShowPerfect Strangers (probably more of a guilty pleasure pick, but I still loved it)Sanford and Son (you may be racist for leaving this off your list)Arrested DevelopmentCosby Show (the best family comedy ever)M*A*S*H
6 months, 3 weeks ago on The 10 Best Sitcoms Of All Time
The Extension Cord
7 months ago on 2013 NFL Draft-or-Bust Off: Vikings Select WR Cordarrelle Patterson
@CollegeWolf Agreed... maybe if his name was "Xander" or some other crazy X name we could go with another name, but since his namesake is Charles Xavier (clearly), we owe him the honor of "Professor X."
7 months, 1 week ago on 2013 NFL Draft-or-Bust Off: Vikings Select CB Xavier Rhodes
1. Sharrif Floyd - Love this pick, and I'm surprised we didn't screw it up. Personally, I was a bit higher on Sheldon Richardson from Missouri, and I am a bit nervous to know why Floyd slid this far... but I read somewhere that there were no character issues and I don't think there was an injury concern, so maybe it's just good luck.
As I tweeted you last night, my nickname suggestion is "The Terrorist," because it's offensive and hopefully what he'll be doing to opposing centers, guards, RBs, and QBs for years to come.
2. Xavier Rhodes - also really love this pick. I think we may have needed an ILB more, and Ogletree would have maybe been my pick, but he had serious character issues, but I'm also a firm believer in picking the best player available in the draft (or failing that, the best player available in a position of need). Rhodes was the No. 1 CB on many draft "experts" boards, and was almost never lower than the No. 2 CB. Pair him with Cook (who really is turning into a nice CB) and if Robinson continues to develop as the Nickle, and we might actually have a pretty strong DB corps (with a minor hole in the form of Mistral Raymond).
I don't think you can find a better nickname than "Professor X"
3. Codarrelle Patterson - I'm very torn on this pick. On the one hand, he had been considered the No. 1 receiver at one point during the pre-draft process. Since then, he has slid a bit (although he was the second WR chosen). The dude seems to clearly have some awesome raw talent.
BUT, his work ethic concerns me (although I hope Greg Jennings and Leslie Frazier whip him into shape). And I've also read a lot that he doesn't run very good routes right now (again, hopefully Jennings can whip him into shape). Ponder needs all the help he can get, and a receiver who routinely isn't where he needs to be scares me a bit.
All in all, I like the balls of making the pick, and honestly the price makes sense (we were asking the Patriots to essentially drop their No. 1 pick back an entire round, so we had to compensate them for that). If the kid actually has the work ethic to improve, he's going to be good, and maybe even great.
Nickname suggestion: um... I got nothing. How about "Extension Cord" (because he can extend the defense?)
As I've said on your blog before, I continue to be impressed by Speilman. He may not be Ozzie Newsome, but he is doing a damn good job.
7 months, 1 week ago on NFL Draft Day One: Vikings Get to Peacockin'
I agree that we should go defense-defense in the first round.
I hope you're wrong about Teo. I hope even more that Ogletree from Georgia slides to us. He's better than Teo.
Weirdly, I hope most of all that teams go insane at the top of the draft and Chance Warmack (the stud OG from Alabama) slides to us. I know there is no way this can happen, but can you imagine that beast pulling and destroying a path for PJ for years to come. It'd be a god damn thing of beauty.
If we have to go defense, I hope either Star Lotulelei or Sheldon Richardson somehow slide to us. I don't see it happening, but it would be nice to basically replace Kevin Williams in this draft and still have Kevin around to place above-average in the other interior D line spot.
7 months, 1 week ago on 2013 NFL Draft-or-Bust Off: Minnesota Vikings Draft Predictions
Except for the "horns" on the numbers, I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS. Oh please be the new unis! PLEASE!
8 months ago on More Vikings Uniform Clues: Dark Purple, Dark Words
Dear God, I hope not. Both are aweful.
8 months ago on Are Either of These the New Vikings Uniforms?
And Cordarrelle would be a good fit, but I don't think he'll last until our first pick. There are a few other teams with receiver needs (the Steelers being the most obvious), and he would be a very good pick for them.
8 months ago on 2013 Who Ya Gonna Draft? - Cordarrelle Patterson