Bio not provided
Not pro- or con-Mayer, but I have to ask three things:
(1) Was this calculation performed at the time she assumed the role?
(2) Was the valuation of Alibaba known (and even the same) as the valuation we have placed it now?
(3) What was Yahoo! Japan's value at her appointment and now?
The reason why I ask is this:
If she doubled the stock price - yet "the Yahoo! minus Alibaba minus Y!Japan" net valuation is presumed as declining during her tenure - then the likely possibilities are ...
(1) Alibaba's value was not really known, not valued correctly or has increased in value
(2) Yahoo! Japan's value was not really known, not valued correctly or has increased in value
Unless someone did these calculations at the time she was appointed AND the valuations for the two Pacific investments were valued correctly, it is hard to say if she made Yahoo!'s position worse, better or same.
29 minutes ago on Measuring the value Marissa Mayer’s destroying at Yahoo!
The position is for "recruiter at a finishing school".
6 months, 2 weeks ago on The Worst Cover Letter Ever Written (Literally)