Bio not provided
Some other benefits of the nine game SEC schedule.
1) Instead of Alabama-Michigan, fans would get to see more Bama-Kentucky.
2) In a poor economy whose end is not in sight, college towns would get to forego an economic shot in the arm every other year by playing less home games. What’s not to like about that?
3) FCS schools, also struggling in a poor economy, would see fewer paydays. What does a small school like Georgia Southern need an extra half-million for anyway? Jobs?
4) It would help other conferences do what they can’t do themselves, unseat the SEC from the throne of college football via the Cannibalistic Principle.
5) It would remove the onus from athletic directors from schedule-making. Very good, because not only are these guys cowards, they are also idiots who could never dream of a way to harden their schedules themselves.
6) The projected pay-out of the new play-off system of $500 million per conference is unfortunately not enough. The Let-‘em-eat-cake-it’s-about-eyeballs capitalism must rule, after all, it’s the American Way.
7) Confirm once again that herd-running and thinking inside the box is never out of style.
10 months, 2 weeks ago on Shock Of Shocks: SEC To Consider A 9-Game Schedule Again
All schools who seriously contend for championships will ensure their strength-of-schedule factor is up to par, they're not idiots. Nine conference games can actually hurt at times when the weak sisters rotate on.
10 months, 2 weeks ago on Report: Bama Turns Down Wisconsin Series; Other Leagues Toughening Their Strength Of Schedule
The expansion decision will ultimately be a textbook example of the economic law of diminishing returns. Ironically the biggest winner of SEC expansion will be the Big 12 for realizing this.
10 months, 3 weeks ago on Was The SEC, Missouri, And Texas A&M Union A Smart Move?
Like State is going to be in the running for the play-off and the SEC needs to save them from themselves by forcing another conference game on them. The legitimate contenders in the SEC will strengthen their schedules on their on, they're not idiots.
10 months, 3 weeks ago on MSU A.D. Stricklin Defends Pastry-Filled Football Schedule