Bio not provided
44% from the field and 36% from 3. I'm going under the screen every time and taking my chances. Defenses know how to beat the Kings....let IT shoot. Not sure what the Kings record is when he scores 20+ but I'm guessing it's not good. There's a reason he was the last player selected in the draft and why even with better talent around him, his Huskies had a worse record and got knocked out sooner than Jimmer's BYU team. He's an individual thats all about stats...look good first, win 2nd. I think he has had a good statistical year but doesn't help his team win games. With IT and DMC leading the charge, this franchise is doomed for failure but those guys will never get blamed bc they have their personal stats and therefore they are happy.
1 year, 1 month ago on Will Jimmer Fredette see reduced minutes for the Sacramento Kings?
Which is crazy....the NBA is all about pick and roll. If you have a good jump shooter and an athletic center, you dominate. Why doesn't Jimmer fit with Cousins? They would be lethal together. All defenders go under the screen and let Isaiah shoot bc they know he isn't that good of a shooter. No way they go under the screen with Jimmer which would leave Cousins open on a smaller player. Seems so simple but why doesn't it happen? So frustrating...
I never said that was why....Westphal was 2-5 to start the year and had just suspended Cousins and was immediately fired. A black coach was hired and Jimmer basically switched roles with Thomas who ironically is black. Yes..I do think some of that had to do with race. Since that time, Jimmer hasn't had an opportunity while every guard on the Kings (all black) have had ample opps to shine. Now it's McCallum's turn and if not him....Outlaw? Please. I pointed out that the Kings put all their hopes and trust in a bad apple and Kings fans wonder how the rest of the batch got spoiled? I watch Kings games too and it's funny to watch IT intentionally freeze Jimmer out and DMC get frustrated when he doesn't get a touch every time Jimmer shoots. I don't see the same treatment of McCallum of McLemore. What do you think the common denomination is?
Let's see...Cousins get suspended by white coach who was starting Jimmer. A few days later, white coach fired....black coach hired, Jimmer goes to the bench never to be seen again. DMC gets 4 year deal for 62 million with Kings management rewarding his season where he was suspended and disciplined multiple times. So yeah, I believe its DMC calling the shots and not the coach. Not a stretch to think that DMC would prefer IT over Jimmer. Hook your million dollar franchise on a 23 year old with past issues and you get the results you deserve. Kings management said they were betting on the best...well, the gamble has not paid off.
Unfortunately when you hitch your wagon to an immature and me-first player like Demarcus Cousins then you are doomed to fail. Kings chose DC over the coach and when the coach tried to discipline him, he got fired. Since then, both coaches have done whatever is necessary to not get fired. They coach game to game rather than develop for the future. DC likes IT better than Jimmer so who plays? IT. When Cousins plays at the same time as Jimmer, just watch his body language...it's laughable. There's obvious bias there...notice how only the 2nd stringers get excited when Jimmer makes a 3? I wonder who wins in practice when both units go head to head? Kings organization a long way from winning with Cousins calling the shots. Look around the NBA....the teams that consistently win have superstars that believe in team over the individual. Cousins and Thomas get their stats and their money but the team loses...personally I don't think they care. Unselfishness and sacrifice for the ultimate goal is what wins in sports...the Kings organization chose incorrectly and they won't recover for years to come.
I think I've read all 100+ posts. Let me give this a shot:
1. No one knows how good Jimmer can or will be in the NBA because in 3 years, he's never been given consistent minutes over a long period of time. We can speculate but that's all we can do. Maybe one day, we will know for sure.
2. The Kings have hitched their wagon to DeMarcus Cousins. They have named him their franchise player. Although extremely talented, I believe this is a huge mistake. He has never proven mature enough to lead any team, much-less an NBA team to the pinnacle of success. He and John Wall were teammates at Kentucky and still lost in the Elite 8. Until he matures, he will never be a leader. The Kings chose Cousins over Westphal and have never recovered. I believe that Cousins has a lot to do with Thomas getting the minutes he does and Jimmer getting the minutes he does.
3. Someone compared Jimmer to Matt Bonner. That person might be correct; however, the difference is that the Spurs are winning so obviously Bonner is getting the right amount of minutes. If the Spurs had only 16 wins, then maybe Bonner fans would ask why?
4. Isaiah Thomas has had a great year. No one can deny that. His points and assists are decent to above average. Jimmer fans have a hard time rooting for Jimmer without knocking IT. Not sure why? I think IT could be more successful though if he realized the role of a point guard. He tries to play like Allen Iverson but is only a C version. The Kings will never win if their "go-to" guys are Isaiah Thomas and Demarcus Cousins. Just an opinion, but I think they are more "look good first" and "win second" type of players.
5. I believe Jimmermania is hurting Jimmer Fredette. He is becoming like Tim Tebow with very loyal fans which hurts his stock. I think Tebow would be in the NFL right now if it weren't for his fans. I'm hoping I'm wrong but why wouldn't a contending team give up a 2nd round pick if Jimmer could help them win an NBA title this year? I believe they didn't want the distraction if he didn't play more than 10 minutes a night.
6. Lastly, Jimmer will not play much for the rest of the season if at all. He was showcased for a trade and that didn't happen. His option has already been declined so why develop him any more. Everyone knows he won't be a King next year. Look for Jimmer to lose his minutes to McCallum and become the last guy off the bench. Sad to say but true.
1 year, 1 month ago on Jimmer Fredette talks NBA trade deadline and future with Sacramento Kings