Bio not provided
Three of my favorites -- Blink, Midnight, and Vincent & the Doctor! I don't think I can choose!
2 weeks, 4 days ago on Series 1-7 Face-Off: Episode 10
I had to call my sister earlier today when I first saw the news. It is, indeed, a sad day. Kate had such vivacity and spirit, and Martinus, as others have noted, was responsible for some of the best, most memorable stories that helped shape classic Who. I'm going to watch Spearhead from Space tonight, one of my favourite stories, in his memory.
3 weeks, 2 days ago on Obituaries: Kate O’Mara, Derek Martinus
I was very torn between The Girl in the Fireplace and The Time of Angels, and ended up going with Girl, though there were elements of ToA that I loved, particularly in retrospect, where the episode tied in with others.
I really didn't like The Doctor's Wife, although it's one I should have liked, in theory, because I love the TARDIS, and I love her mysterious sentience.
I also didn't like The Power of Three, which felt contrived and lightweight at the same time -- just a matter of taste, as I'm sure that others perceived it differently.
The Sontarem Strategy was "meh," with some great moments (and I, too, loved the interaction between Donna and Martha), but overall, it wasn't one of my favorites.
Daleks in Manhattan had some nice themes, and some very good acting, but again, for me, just an okay episode in the overall New Who episodes.
I had to really think hard to remember Aliens of London, I think because there have been so many aliens in London! I can't say that the Slitheen are my favorite New Who aliens, but I did like that the show dealt with the repercussions for a companion of travelling with the Doctor and "vanishing" from her life for some time without being able to explain it to her family and those who knew her.
For these, I'd say my rating would be:
1) The Girl in the Fireplace (9.5/10)
2) The Time of Angels (9.4/10 -- catch me on a different day and 1 and 2 might be reversed)
3) The Power of Three (8/10 -- bonus half point for UNIT & Kate Stewart)
4) The Daleks in Manhattan (7.5/10 -- tied with 5)
5) The Sontaran Strategem (7.5/10 -- tied with 4)
6) Aliens in London (7/10)
7) The Doctor's Wife (6/10)
3 weeks, 5 days ago on Series 1-7 Face-Off: Episode 4
For me, it would be
1) Series 4.5 Specials (those between series 4 & 5 -- the other specials I lump in with the previous/current series)
2) Series 2
3) Series 4
4) Series 5
5) Series 1
6) Series 7 (only because the first half, combined with the 50th & Christmas specials raised it up -- if the second half had been as good as the first, I'd probably rate it 2nd or 3rd)
7) Series 6
8) Series 3
But I wouldn't call either 6 or 3 bad TV! :)
1 month ago on Best of Matt Smith: Results Series 5-7