Bio not provided
I think right now Bodie will be a very important player come playoff time, he adds some toughness without sacrificing talent
1 day, 18 hours ago on Game Review: Game #65, Leafs 4 vs. Flyers 3 (OT)
It was no oil painting, but I'll take the 2pts considering the trip through Death Valley for 3 in 4
1) I was really impressed with Gardiner tonight, I though he played a solid mistake free game
2) Kadri-Lupul-Kulie line has to stick
3) Bodie has really been the biggest surprise this year.....does whatever he needs to
4) Ranger is quietly finding his groove
On the negative side of things:
1) Kessel hasn't been very sharp defensively the last couple games
2) How in the world is Carter up with the Leafs but not playing
2 days, 4 hours ago on Game Review: Game #65, Leafs 4 vs. Flyers 3 (OT)
We need a line the other teams will loathe
That would be a great line to accomplish just that
4 days, 8 hours ago on The Maple Leafs did nothing, and that’s all right
If that's not dedication to the Leafs I dint know what is
Ranger can hit the net though......he has been improving his decision making
If I didn't know any better I would think the Leafs lost last night.
I can't believe I'm reading all this
Correction = Bolland helping the PK not the PP
Great read Anthony.......I'm of the same opinion as you are. You mentioned our Top 9, if (this may be a big "if") Bolland comes back and plays good enough to contribute on the 3rd or 4th and help the PP I think the Leafs may have just a good of a deadline pickup without giving up anything else.
Although he has been with us all year, I'm starting to feel like Ranger could be hitting his stride come playoff time
If Reimer and Gardiner are kept at a reasonable price I'm happy
5 days, 3 hours ago on Game Review: Game #64, Maple Leafs 3 vs. Rangers 2 (OT)
This Summer a few decisions will need to be made on the following imo:
1) Kulie -resign or let him walk
2) Bolland - resign or let him walk
3) McClement - resign or let him walk
4) Reimer - Do we move him out and grab a cheaper backup
5) Gardiner - how much is he going to want as a RFA
6) Franson - see Gardiner
5 days, 4 hours ago on Game Review: Game #64, Maple Leafs 3 vs. Rangers 2 (OT)
That's a whole different issue.....the refs are hopefully not going to be the deciding factor
5 days, 8 hours ago on Shark Club Game Day: Game #64, Maple Leafs at Rangers
Decent first period......let's hope they make the proper adjustments next period.
The top 3 lines are as they should be......let's hope RC doesn't swap McClement for Holland
Looks like the boys are having problems hitting the tape to tape passes tonight..........I'm starting to think their passing would make a difference some nights in terms of gaining momentum
Given how ineffective McClement has been and how little used the 4th line is used I wouldn't mind seeing D'Amigo and Ashton on the 4th line.
As for Holland......I would put him with MayRay and Lupul (they were pretty effective pre NYE)
Then put Kadri between Kulie and Clarkson
Given how are secondary scoring is hit or miss a little shakeup wouldn't be that bad
6 days, 5 hours ago on So you’ve just been (gulp) traded, what now?
Very True.....either 1 of those 2 need to go.
In a perfect world I would love to get rid of Franson and get Bieksa which adds another Warrior a la Gleason who is also a RHD
1 week ago on Shark Club Game Day: Game #63, Blue Jackets at Maple Leafs
I think the players are stinking on the PK, specifically McClement
The problems run deeper than the Coach, he is a part of the problem though......here's my list to name a few
1) Gardiner/Franson - We only need one of them
2) PK - to me I can't see how the system from last year this year has changed....to me it's on the PK unit
3) Carlyle's roster choices/lineup choices/minute distribution - How Ashton or D'Amigo is not up with the Leafs is beyond me......as of right now they are perfect fir the 4th line (play with energy, can kill PP, can play between 3rd and 4th, and they get to develop)
Haha......Good point, let's just forget that I ever typed that
1 week, 1 day ago on Game Review: Game #62, Canadiens 4 vs. Leafs 3 (OT)
The cap hit is the only thing that makes him seem worthy of keeping.......I think it was the Hovkey Central crew mentioned that he is an RFA this Summer and he may demand quite the raise.
I think that's where the Leafs move him, if Gardiner is pricing himself out of Leafland we should trade him for a D-man who is stable on the back end
Are they well? If they don't see that was an accident they need a lot of help