Bio not provided
Recently moved to the west coast so this is one of the first games I've seen this season (crappy first season to miss). Some thoughts:
- A win is a win, and I'm happy to have it.
- Offense: As much as I hate to say it, MSL is a liability. He was great last year, but this year he just gets beat on every puck--it seems like he has lost the ability to make up for his size at this age. Great career, no shame in calling it. Step was pretty invisible last night, but I was really impressed with Miller--nice dangle, would've been a beaut if he finished it. Hayes is a play maker--in a few years he is going to be something special, especially if he starts using that big body.
- Defense: Watching Boyle, he looks like he is from another era (i.e. the early 2000s), which, to be fair, he is. His game is just a bit out of touch, and it shows in the playoffs. Nice to see Yandle throwing the body. Hunwick looked better than I thought he would (having not seen him before). Obviously, it would be really nice to have Klein in the lineup, but I thought Hunwick was solid.
- Power Play: Yikes. I cannot understand for the life of me how you go 2 minutes and only get one shot. Put the puck on net, crash for rebounds, good things will happen.
- We have to be tougher in front of the net. The Pens were taking some liberties with Hank, and we can't allow that. It is like training a dog, you have to nip that bad behavior in the bud and leave them fearing the repercussions if they so much as spray our guy. Boyle also got handled in front, which lead to their only goal. Protect that castle, Hank will handle the rest.
1 week, 2 days ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
1 year, 3 months ago on Anaheim Interested in Girardi?