Bio not provided
Is it awkward that my students constantly sing that horrid remix of "Baby Got Back" by Nicki Minaj having no idea what they are singing when they blurt out "my anaconda don't want none unless she's got buns, hon?"
1 month ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
He wears #4. There hasn't been a great defensemen wearing #4 since Kevin Lowe. Seriously think about the players how have worn #4 since.
Maxim Galanov - sucks eggs
Chris Tamer - hahahaha funny right?
Kevin Hatcher - yeah, that happened.
Brad Brown - who?
Mike Mottau - hysterical
Greg de Vries - it's funny still
Aaron Ward - oh please..
Erik Reitz - who?
del Zaster - nuff said
Diaz - potential to be decent, but not so much
Kostka - pfffft
I mean since Gresch and Lowe that defenseman number is scorned to be worn by garbage players of no significance
1 month, 1 week ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
del Kostka was seen on the streets of NYC eating a lot of oatmeal cookies.
Does this mean that he's going to have a loose stool tonight in the press box?
Imagine if the Rangers didn't keep Klein? Imagine having Stralman and Diaz available?
Imagine if Walter White never said @Say my Name ?????
Imagine all the people?
Expect a blowout tonight from the Rangers mainly due to the Canes lineup is as porous as a bullet-riddled corpse at the end of the greatest Schwartznegger flick ever...
When you're down 4-2 like they were how does a coach not do something to light a fire under his team?
Send Tanner Glass to Tanner glass someone into the boards? Tell Kostka to throw his stick at someone's face so he can get booted from the game? Have St. Louis sit in center ice and make a ham and cheese sandwich?
1 month, 2 weeks ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/2014-articles/islanders-6-rangers-3.html
Should have kept R. Diaz... Boyle out for minimum 6 weeks is a huge blow to the D.
1 month, 2 weeks ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
So in other words, Glass is the next Brashear except a crappier fighter with less skill?
Great move Slats. Hey, Slats I have this horrible dingleberry hanging off my asshair. Care to sign it for a short-term deal? I'm thinking 3 yr - $1.2M?
How does this guy pull off incredible trades and sign the crappiest FAs?
It's like he's in Bizarro world.
Hot damn... I'm not liking these moves at all over the off season.
4 months, 3 weeks ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/2014-articles/the-clear-cut-case-of-tanner-glass-hes-not-good-at-hockey.html
@Say my Name I need to follow everything you say all the time.
5 months ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
Bring back Avery.
That's for you Kev
5 months, 2 weeks ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
On a side note, there was this fellow teacher friend of mine who dumped $5k on a ticket last night. That's pretty much his year's salary.
I think he's calling in sick today.
5 months, 3 weeks ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
@Say my Name I love everything you write. Especially in regards to hungover eyes.
The Kings are the better team. Everyone needs to understand that before ripping on how crappy the Rangers are/aren't playing.
Does anyone know how I can get a name/number taken off my jersey and replaced with another? For example, that Callahan jersey in my closet would look so better with a Zucc on it.
That guy was far away the best player on the ice all night long.
I was getting drunk and laid in my Kovalev jersey
5 months, 4 weeks ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
*throws trash at @oliver1977*
Looks like J. Moore is getting 1 game...
6 months ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/2014-articles/john-moore-hearing-scheduled-for-230pm-league-reviewing-dorsett-head-butt.html
It makes me irritable that with one play, Prust changed the course of the game.
6 months, 1 week ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
To mirror @Say my Name I really don't know what to do with myself. I don't know how to enjoy this ridiculous roll this team is on. They did NOTHING wrong.
What do I do!?!?!?
I'm going to berate my students today for no reason at all other then the shitty music they listen to and the way they dress my slobs.
Bottom line, if the Nash/Stepan/Kreider line doesn't elevate their game big time, this series is over before it starts.
6 months, 2 weeks ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
I'm eating crow and loving every bite.
It's funny how everyone is talking about what to do during the off season when the grave hasn't even been dug yet...
6 months, 3 weeks ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
I had the pleasure of joining @ScottyHockey for this complete shitshow of a game. It's downright baffling how a team can be so listless and unemotional.
Oh wait... Yes I can.
There was a moment in MSG, the world's most famous sporting arena that I actually yelled out loud "Hey! Wanna hear a joke!"
Scotty wonderfully responded with "The Power Play!"
Mind you we were up in the 200's and I kid you not someone across the arena laughed.
The arena was bored and frustrated and frankly all the overpriced beer and morons in sombreros couldn't make it any better.
A few points:
1. Fasth and Miller for Carbomb and Dorsett? Pointless. The only thing Fast did was lose a few teeth and Miller contributed by probably laughing about it. I get the Dorsett benching b/c of his waste of space and awful penalty last game, but Carbomb is a spark plug, which the Rangers don't have.
2. Yeah, the scheduling blows and I blame it on the money-hungry shitbags at NBC.
3. Someone hire some hot Norweigans and get Nash laid. Now. Or, play him on the ice until he scores or vomits on himself.
4. Mind you this series is far from over, but man... this team hung it up at the puck drop.
5. @ScottyHockey has more fans at MSG then Rick Nash does.
6. How many more times will St. Louis turnover the puck. That guy has been lost in this series.
7. Looking back to point #3. Someone needs to get this whole team laid or something. Any ideas on how to fire up this team? Anything?
8. Fleury needs to stop flashing his glove all the time or someone will run him... Oh wait, that won't happen.
I'm hungover and I don't care if you like my post, but honestly in my 35+ years of going to Ranger games, I've never been to a more awful emotionless event in my life.
I would rather go see Celine Dion and Yanni play shuffleboard.
And a trillion Ranger$ fans sigh with relief.
Better to have him rested and ready for the Flyers anyway as it's going to be an Yuh Gee Ell Why series. (if it happens)
8 months ago on Conversation @ http://nyrangersblog.com/
Bottom line is, if McD is out for the year, get ready for a quick 1st round exit.
And yes, when someone runs your best player on the team (you cannot argue that I'm wrong here), you beat the snot out of him.
I'm looking at you Carbomb...
A few thoughts:
1. Incredible how Joke-in-an has become a Ranger killer since leaving the club. They should just constantly give him breakaways and then trip him so he'll take penalty shots. That'll fix that.
2. Oh to be a fly on the wall above the goalie's lockers after that one last night. Convo probably went like this,
Ghostbuster: "You were right... A king has more power than a Ghostbuster... should have brought my proton pack. Sorry"
3. The team is a .500 club at best. Unless a move is made to add some bolster to this lineup this team shall continue to score minimally and get bullied.
4. I want to know how Slats sleeps at night. Someone tell me and please let me know what drugs he's got because I could use them.
5. I think that del Zaster has mob connections. That's why he's still on the team.
12 months ago on Jets 5, Rangers 2
Pouliet is as useful as a bag of ice while scuba diving in the Arctic. My point being, it's senseless.
This team is as erratic as a child with ADHD at a laser light show.
How awesome are my analogies?
The scoring needs to pick up, so why not mix up the lines a bit and PUT MILLER IN THE LINEUP!!! I mean you cannot expect this kid to perform if you shove him in the 4th line.
The team has the toughness of a field mouse at this point. Bring up Mashinter. Let him skate on a line with Dorsett and Moore. That's a fourth line.
The latest rumor regarding del Zaster is that the Ducks are looking to trade a signed Gordon Bombay jersey for him.
1 year ago on Lightning 5, Rangers 0
Everyone needs to understand that almost every team in the NHL realizes what a del Zaster he is. They're not stupid. They watch film and highlights and I'm sure follow this blog to see how we rip him to shreds.
The Rangers will not get anything worthwhile back for this guy, unless Sather uses his Jedi Mind tricks on them (or under the table bags of money)
1 year ago on Could Del Zotto Become An Islander?
The problem is that all the other teams realize what a delZaster he is too.
1 year ago on Rangers Willing to Deal Del Zotto?
It's about goddamn time. MONSTER MASH!
1 year, 1 month ago on Mashinter Recalled!!!!! Oh Yeah, Kreider Also
Sean Avery. That is all
1 year, 1 month ago on Callahan Out 3-4 Weeks With Broken Thumb
I think the only good thing about this data is that it proves that del Zaster isn't needed on this team and the Rangers should deal him quickly for some value.
1 year, 1 month ago on FINAL: Rangers 2, Capitals 0
@jasonshyer and I are investigating a conspiracy theory. Please send bourbon.
1 year, 1 month ago on Only Four Rangers Show Up for Optional
Look, everyone needs to stop saying the same "oh, it's only four games" bullcrap.
This team is listless and honestly it's embarrassing to watch. Four players at an optional skate? Sad.
We haven't seen the worst of it all yet either. Unfortunately, the diseased roots of the team lead to one old bastard smoking a cigar.
Smite the shepard... and the sheep will be scattered...
1 year, 1 month ago on Sather Didn't Think It Would Be This Bad; Biron to Start Saturday
Is there a more unoffensive team in this league???
I'm sorry, I can't get excited about watching this team at all.
1 year, 1 month ago on Nash Likely Out a Week; Stuart Suspended Three Games
Based on what I've seen this pre-season. I'm afraid that it's going to be a long and arduous season for the Blueshirts. They do NOT have top talent at all. Aside from Nash, I don't see anyone scoring over 25 goals.
1 year, 2 months ago on Canucks 5, Rangers 0
The one thing they should have added was suspensions. Simply enough a player can get suspended if they smash someone from behind or blantantly high stick someone, etc.That would be neat.
1 year, 3 months ago on NHL 14 Will Have 'Live The Life' Mode
Still was never able to make Gretzky's head bleed.
1 year, 4 months ago on "NHL94 Comback" Open Thread: 7/12/13
@Rose M. Presinzano Yet you call him delZaster...
1 year, 5 months ago on Could Del Zotto Be Traded This Weekend?
If the Avs can give Roy a coaching gig, then why can't the Rangers give Messier?
1 year, 6 months ago on Torts Fired?!?!?!?!
AM I the only one who thinks Boyle is done in NY? The guy has been more invisible and worthless than The Bankrupt Invisible Man
1 year, 6 months ago on Boyle Doesn't Think Rangers Are Done
*step upon soapbox*
Bottom line. This team stinks.
There I said it.
I'm not going to pussyfoot around and say that "they're trying hard" or they "still can do it". No. This team is done and preparing to shuffle their feet on the 1st hole at Bethpage Black. There are so many reasons to their sad state of affairs (I'm not even going to mention the PP).
1. Richard$ will most likely suit up for the last time as a NYR. His tale of woe is so similar to other stars that have made their way through the hallowed streets of Broadway. His beefy salary seemed great at the time, but he's a shell of his former self. He looks lost out there, and his benching in the 3rd period is evident that the NYR brass are done with him. I'm sure he'll end up on another team and finish out his career just fine, but his time on Broadway is done.
2. This team desperately misses Mark Staal. Girardi and McD, while they are a replicant and Tough-Mudder poster boy respectively, cannot hold this defense together. I'm sorry, but del Zaster has zero defensive skill and it's come to the point that everytime he handles the puck, or someone bears down on him I'm just waiting for him to do something awful. Like Richard$ he's has flashes of brilliance, but seriously... the guy cannot play defense. Someone please, please, please work with him over the off-season and teach him the simple basics of playing defense. Perhaps not pinching in all the time? Perhaps not getting caught out of position 84% of the time? Perhaps learning how to block a shot and not roll around like a pig in his sty? Anything would do. I could see a Richard$/del Zaster trade package being mulled over right now during off season.
3. The big concern this season was how this team lost their grit. They threw a Band-Aid on that gaping wound with the acquisition of Clowe and Dorsett. Remember when Clowe had like 6 points in his first game? He's been an injury-prone failure with this team and I don't see the Rangers keeping him.
4. The lack of scoring has been an issue (weren't they supposed to fix this?). Nash has looked like that fish at the end of the Faith No More "Epic" video. If you haven't seen it go watch it and you'll get it. Quite simply, no scoring, no goals, no wins.
5. I feel absolutely horrible for Hank. If I were him, I would lambaste the entire team and pretty much make each of them babysit for his child over the summer. They have not helped him out at all. In this series or in the last series.
1 year, 6 months ago on Bruins 2, Rangers 1
del Zaster sucks.
1 year, 6 months ago on Bruins 5, Rangers 2
Do hockey players practice shooting on net during practice?
1 year, 6 months ago on Capitals 4, Rangers 1
Please someone make a pump-up video to "Wake Up" by RATM. It's the only good song they play at MSG during games, and it's the only song that I get up and start cheering "Let's Go Rangers" to.
Regardless of what anyone else is doing in the audience mind you.
1 year, 7 months ago on Can't Hold the Rangers
I was at that game when poor Bloemberg got his ass handed to him by the goon Mick Vukota. This kind of rivalry will unfortunately never be seen again.
Funny story with Mick Vukota. In the early 90s or something, I was at the Marriot trying to get some Rangers autographs before the game against the Fishsticks. Mick Vukota walks down the hallway and one kid yells, "Hey Mick! You scored a hat trick on my Sega for me last night! Can I get an autograph." He stopped, smiled and said, "Shit. That will be the most points I'll get in my life. Thanks kid."
1 year, 7 months ago on Islander Hate, Part III
God this team sucked ass back then.
1 year, 7 months ago on Islander Hate, Part II
Hopefully this means that the new guys didn't drink the Torts Kool-Aid yet.
Hopefully this means that they don't like Kool-Aid.
Hopefully this means that this complete 180 degree turn isn't just an anomaly.
Hopefully Hamrlik gets sent down to the Whale... forever.
Hopefully we all remain hopeful that this season may turn out decent.
1 year, 7 months ago on Rangers 6, Penguins 1
@nyjrkm06 not really. This season is done
1 year, 8 months ago on Rangers 0, Canadiens 3
*gets on soapbox*
It's beyond embarrassing to watch this team at this point in time. There are way to many things to blame for this pathetic display of ineptness. The excuse of the shortened season has gone the way of the dodo bird. I see teams like the Pens and Blackhawks playing incredible hockey and I look at our beloved Blueshirts and I'm at a loss of words.
Offensively this team has nothing. They have scored only 78 goals this season. Guess what folks. THAT'S THE LOWEST IN THE ENTIRE GODDAMN NHL! So much for bringing in more offense with Rick Nash. Aside from him they have zero players who I would put money on to score a goal when needed at this point.
Defensively, the loss of Staal is more than this team can handle. Girardi and McD are shells of players they were last year. MDZ is streakier than the underwear of a fat man after eating Taco Bell all week. Eminger and blah blah and blah blah and who cares are mediocre defensemen at best.
I watched Brandon Prust take a blistering shot to his ankle tonight and then return to the ice later. I know the whole "gritty" card has been played over and over again, but you know what? It worked. It's what got this team to the ECF last year.
I can go on and on and on, but frankly this team is embarrassing. Embarrassing to themselves and and embarrassment to their fans. You all can support them all you want and say "hey they'll turn it around!" or "have faith!", but the bottom line is that this team is in turmoil and few rinky dink trades to bring in more adequate players like Ryan Clowe isn't the answer. A long hard look needs to be made from the top of the organization all the way down to fix this problem.
@jasonshyer It's sort of like listening to the Count of Tuscany for the first time and thinking it totally sucks and then after a few listens you realize the music is great and it's just the lyrics that blow.
1 year, 8 months ago on Audio: Torts Admits Rangers Miscalculated Impact of Losing Grinders
I wonder if a 3-way deal could be made for Dubinsky and Prust?
1 year, 8 months ago on Penguins Obtain Iginla, While the Rangers....
I was at this game tonight. The crowd was listless. The team played like complete crap and overall it was a terrible game. A few thoughts:
1. The GnR line sucks. It's not working
2. Boyle with the kids is a waste of a line.
3. What are all of you MDZ lovers saying now? He played absolutely terrible to the point I was yelling at him from my seat and I made a girl wearing a MDZ jersey cry.
4. Callahan's heart isn't big enough to go around.
5. Of the 43 shots on goal I would say 5 were decent scoring chances. The pucks must have looked like frisbees to Markstrom as the Rangers made no attempt to screen him.
6. They lost to the worst team in the league who is without their best players.
That is all. Happy birfday to me.
I love the Iron Sheik.
1 year, 8 months ago on Panthers 3, Rangers 1