Livefyre Profile

Activity Stream

@Knights2Leafs Strome is facing easier competition than what Monahan did, mind you.

6 days, 9 hours ago on Game 73 Scoring Chances: Senators 5 vs. Maple Leafs 3

Reply

@MLHS_Luke @leafersutherland We have a 45.5% chance of that happening right now. With a 9.5% chance of McDavid and a 45% chance of staying at 4th.


Believe it or not, dropping down a spot is a lot more likely than one might assume.

6 days, 9 hours ago on Game 73 Scoring Chances: Senators 5 vs. Maple Leafs 3

Reply

Either way, if the Leafs don't win the lottery, Mitch Marner is my guy... unless we have the chance to trade up for Hanifin.


But if someone below us wins the lottery, knocking us down to the #5 spot, I'd be satisfied with Strome.

6 days, 9 hours ago on Game 73 Scoring Chances: Senators 5 vs. Maple Leafs 3

Reply

@Brozak @leafersutherland I don' t hate Kadri, but I would choose speed 99 times out of 100.

6 days, 9 hours ago on Game 73 Scoring Chances: Senators 5 vs. Maple Leafs 3

Reply

@Yaknowwhat Not Biggs, I'm afraid.

6 days, 9 hours ago on Game 73 Scoring Chances: Senators 5 vs. Maple Leafs 3

Reply

@Brozak @leafersutherland I'm more upset that the Leafs chose Nazem Kadri over Chris Kreider in the 2009 draft.

6 days, 9 hours ago on Game 73 Scoring Chances: Senators 5 vs. Maple Leafs 3

Reply

@Jay_Berg I'll agree that trading up wasn't what I would have preferred... but it still doesn't make a late first rounder any more guaranteed.


Regardless, that GM has sailed. Time to look to the future, and not the past.

6 days, 10 hours ago on Game 73 Scoring Chances: Senators 5 vs. Maple Leafs 3

Reply

Biggs was a late 1st round pick. Late 1st rounders are typically hit or miss. So why are we pretending he was anything more than that?


I recall during the 2011 draft, hoping to land Matt Puempel who fell to the Senators just two picks later, but even then, he's just got 15 games under his belt in almost 4 year's time.


Maybe Brandon Saad was the home run pick at the time, but if Chicago knew that, I'm sure they wouldn't have wasted their 1st on Mark McNeil.


When it comes to draft picks, I think the Leafs have done well for themselves on the whole. The only real problem being, is that they never really seemed to have enough draft picks to select from.

6 days, 10 hours ago on Game 73 Scoring Chances: Senators 5 vs. Maple Leafs 3

Reply

We'll be alright, just as soon as we put Kyle Dubas on the top line.

2 months, 1 week ago on GDT: Game #44, Toronto Maple Leafs at Anaheim Ducks (10 p.m., SNO)

Reply