Bring the Cup Home
Bio not provided
@Jay31 @Bring the Cup Home
i'll agree lumping him in with kadri may be a bit much, but i haven't seen complete consistency from gardiner for a LONG period of time. the last half of the season was pretty good. i hope he still gets better though.
1 week ago on Game Review: Game #80, Lightning 3 vs. Maple Leafs 0
10 fucking things about the leafs moving forward:
1. Kessel stays. Scoring touch like that simply does not grow on trees. I believe he deeply cares and wants to win. I believe he'll be here and a big reason we do when we do. His contract will look better and better in the next few years as the cap goes up and $9 million becomes the new $8 million.
2. Carlyle goes. Plain and simple. The leafs let him down sure, but he's just gotta go. He's at a loss and his systems aren't being played at all. Must change coach.
3. Rielly = future Gold. love this kid. brightest spot of the season. just too bad he had to get initiated into what being a true Leaf is all about by enduing a monumental collapse.
4. Franson = bye bye. Get outta town buddy, and don't come back. I'd take Lebda back. I just don't like what he brings. I thought last season he was going to be a HUGE part of our team moving forward, but he lost his mean streak he had started to develop and just plays for the power play. Buh bye.
5. Bernier = Gold. He'll be a big part of why we win and make the playoffs next year.
6. Kadri = ????? What do we have in Kadri. Next season will tell us the answer. For now, we either have a cocky SOB who really isn't any good or a developing kid ready to take that next step and find CONSISTENCY. by this time next year we'll know for sure what type of player he is going to be in this league.
7. Leivo is a good hope. I think he'll break out next year on the Marlies or even challenge for a spot on the big club out of camp. i hope he spends one more year with the marlies and gets a point a game down there. Then comes up and makes an impact the following year.
8. Clarkson = albatross. If there's one thing that'll screw us moving forward, it's this contract. you simply can't afford to pay someone $5.25M in the salary cap era and have that player make ZERO impact on your team.
9. Gardiner = ????? For comment about him see Kadri, Nazem in point 6 above. It's EXACTLY how i feel about jake.
10. Dion. If there were an option to sign a legit 1C, i'd do it and trade dion for whatever. without that option, we gotta keep him. i like his play. don't think he deserves the C anymore. his teams have failed in so many ways it's embarrassing. but i do like him as a player and think his contract is fine in the rising cap era ahead.
i'd give my left nut for babcock. but even the left nut of a million leaf fans (which would be easy to find) wouldn't get babcock here. not yet. not till he's old and irrelevant.
1 week, 3 days ago on Morning Mashup: Leafs All But Out Of Playoff Picture
what i wouldn't give to have a mike babcock as our coach. i agree with you. we need to get a good younger coach. i don't agree with someone like Spott (as he shouldn't even be in the coversation), but i do like your thought on Blashill. I think the Leafs should go after him. Good call.
how about this as a trade for relamation projects.
franson, reimer and clarkson to jets for evander kane. straight up.
i'd do it in a heartbeat. although it could get painful with two kids as cocky as kane and kadri.
our only hope.......stamkos as UFA. let's start beating that drum in classic leaf fan style. my god why is this team so painful to us every year?!?!?
i just can't believe how little value he's shown this season. i have seen MAYBE one or two games where he actually looked like he had any sort of impact at all.
2 weeks ago on Game Review: Game #77, Maple Leafs 3 vs. Flames 2
@Jay31 @Bring the Cup Home
wishful thinking if you ask me. they are both restricted free agents. we'd be lucky to get a 2nd for either of them. definitely won't get two 2nds and a prospect for them. at this point, i'd be happy with a 2nd a 3rd for them. especially if we get calgary's 2nd.
he's a douche and i want him off this team. i'm guessing we are stuck with him for years.....and years.....and years.......imagine him at 35 years old. how bad is that contract going to look by then?????
hindsight is 20/20 but man oh man if we could have traded franson and reimer earlier this season i bet we could have got something real good. i bet if we had of traded them 20 games into the season (before edm got scrivens) we could have gotten their 1st pick for those two. just imagine how much better our future would look without those two and with a top 3 pick in this year's draft. man that would have been sweet.
now we'll get rid of them both for pretty much nothing. or nothing.
@DJBrianBurke @vinoa@Bring the Cup Home
really? come on. you gonna throw stones at boston when we are putting on this display and they are first place by a mile?
2 weeks, 3 days ago on @SharkClubDundas Game Day: Game #76, Red Wings at Maple Leafs
who gives a shit about the draft? i don't anymore. fuck this team from top to bottom.
i hope we don't. i hope we go 14 games without a point.
@DJBrianBurke @Bring the Cup Home
yeah. or our 3 goals collapse. one or the other. whatever. the leafs suck. it is plain. it is simple. they suck shit.
when do we determine we need to change our captain? is it after the infamous '18 wheeler going over the cliff'?
is it after the worst 3rd period playoff choke of all time?
is it after the worst late season choke in recent memory where his team couldn't get as much as a single fucking point in 8 fucking games?
when? when does dion get the C ripped off his chest?
@Chris Jay @Bring the Cup Home
imagine what we could have got if we bundled franson and reimer about a third of the way through the season. bet we could have got something real nice back. now? fuck all.....
would have done it in a heartbeat.
clarkson is one of the worst signings ever. i couldn't think it possible that he was this useless, but he has not shown an ounce of worth anywhere close to $5.25M. can't believe we have to suffer through the rest of that contract.
cody franson should not ever play for us again. he is a piece of shit. plain and simple.
i can't believe kadri thinks he is the best fucking thing since sliced bread. what a douche.
overall, this is yet another silly stupid collapse in a series of silly collapses by our team. what the fuck gives? why are we doomed to have such a shitty hockey club for such a long period of time? my lord. as bad as the oilers are, i'd WAY rather be them than us. so much potential there. so many trades you could make to improve your team. we are stuck for the most part with this piece of shit.
worst thing about this team compared to last year is our lack of TEAM character. what is our team character? is there one? last year it was clear......we are HARD to play against. we will hit you. we will fight you. we will beat you down and you won't enjoy playing us. ask anyone in the league. that was our identity last year.
this year what is it? i certainly don't know.
i am starting to give up on giving clarkson a full season pass. what does this guy bring? excellent skating? nope. great production? nope. making others around him better? nope. key big hits. big energy? nope. not many goals, but some really HUGE goals? nope. strong strong possession play? kind of, but nope. well timed fights and drawing a ton of penalties? nope.
he takes a lot of dumb penalties. he looks like he whines to the refs a lot. he doesn't seem to impact more than 1 in 20 games he plays. that's what he's brought thus far over a WHOLE F'N SEASON OF HOCKEY.
wendel clark v2.0? fuck off with that bullshit. for the life of me, i can't figure out why we paid this guy $5.25 million or conversely, what the hell happened to him as a player. we should have just signed komorov for far far less.
clarkson has looked like a good 4th line player who could play on the 3rd line. he has not looked like he belongs in a top 6 role. is it carlyle? i just don't get it. but i'm done with the whole 'season pass' bullshit. step up to the plate clarkson. earn a dime of the HUGE paycheck you cash.
3 weeks, 2 days ago on Game Review: Game #73, Devils 3 vs. Leafs 2
@loomx @charlieb83@Bring the Cup Home
ah yes. i had percy as a year older.
thinking of him as still only 20, i'd now say another year in the AHL is exactly what he'll need. i'd expect him on the big club in the 2015/2016 season.
3 weeks, 3 days ago on Morning Mashup: Sky is falling + New Jersey Tonight
okay, looking forward past this year, i think we need to upgrade on franson. here's my question to those of you who watch a bunch of marlies hockey. would the soon to be 22 year old stuart percy be ready to challenge for that role on the big club as early as next season, or would he need another year of seasoning in the AHL. and is he starting to look like he's developing into a future upgrade on the franson role, or too early to tell?
i have high hopes for both him and finn. finn obviously a couple of years away at best, but wondering about percy??
@Wilbur @Bring the Cup Home
tonight yes. i agree.
3 weeks, 3 days ago on Shark Club Game Day: Game #72, Canadiens at Maple Leafs
here's what's gonna happen:
- leafs go to jersey tomorrow and win a game with reimer in net. for a change. squeak out a 3-2 win. 82 points.
- bernier comes back on tuesday and steals a point by getting us to overtime with the blues. 83 points.
- bolland scores game winner in philly on friday. 85 points.
- tired squad loses at home to red wings. reimer back in net for loss. 85 points. things looking bad.
- we beat the flames easily on april fools day. kessel with huge game. 87 points.
- bruins come to town and prove why they're the top seed. we lose badly. 87 points.
- sat. at home against the jets. HUGE 2 points. bernier shutout. 89 points.
- on the road in florida we split the two games with tampa and the panthers. 91 points.
- last game of the year. win and we're in against the pieces of shit from ottawa. a night to remember as JVR pots a hat trick and we win 4-2. giddy up. we're in the playoffs.
most teams don't have the negative shot differential we have. in fact.....none do. so i'd say no we aren't.
what we are witnessing right now if how our team would look without stellar goaltending. not that reimer has been horrible, but he sure hasn't been stellar like we got most of the year from our guys. and with our team's overall 'corsi' as bad as it is, the past week is what happens and makes us look like we'd be a 10th place or worse team this year
we need bernier back. we need him back soon. not sure what happened to reimer, but he is not the same as when he took us to the brink of beating the bruins. that's for sure.
i hope he is playing in place of franson in a few years. i don't like franson at all. upgrade that in the offseason plz nonis.
with a win in regulation tomorrow and bolland playing 10 minutes, we then move into the final stretch where bolland gets 10 games to get back into shape before the playoffs. if all went well, could be enough to get him at over 90% of his pre injury self.
that would rock.
3 weeks, 4 days ago on Dave Bolland finally nearing return, could play versus Montreal
he is an asshole. what i wouldn't give for mike babcock.
3 weeks, 6 days ago on Shark Club Game Day: Game #71, Lightning at Maple Leafs
@Cameron19 @Bring the Cup Home
agree kadri will be a 65 - 70 point center within a year or two. maybe next year. that's why i had originally commented that i think this improvement will come from kadri himself.
i agree boston's system makes a guy like bergeron look better, but at the same time, i don't think kadri will ever be anywhere near him when it comes to all around play. nothing wrong with that, bergeron is one of the better all around players in the league in my opinion. it's partly boston that makes him look better and partly him that makes boston look better.
good points. i would say bergeron, although on the same point pace as kadri, brings FAR more to his hockey club than nazen does.
i am saying that i feel we need him to be a 65 - 70 point guy. that's not malkin. malkin is an 80+ point guy, and usually more.
pavelski for san jose
malkin for pitt
ROR for colorado
Bergeron for boston
i do see your point, but feel that for us to be cup contenders, without a 1C that will get 70 - 80 points, we need kadri to be one of the better point producing 2C in the league. so yeah, i think we need him to be a 65 - 70 point guy for us to be a cup contender.
@.JVR. @Bring the Cup Home
great question. the news on him has gone dead. he was supposed to get a game or two in BEFORE the olympic break. now it's almost two months later and all quiet on him. strange.
what is his groove? i haven't even seen flashes of someone worth anywhere near $5.25M. that's my big concern. what does his groove even look like?
@lukethenuke @Bring the Cup Home
things we'd need to improve before we contend for cup:
- 3rd line center. bolland sure would look good healthy and give us a different dynamic
- Franson. we can do better than him. i guess we may have to wait for one of stuart percy or matt finn to step up and hopefully be that upgrade.
- 2nd line winger. i wish we were spending the $5.25M we used on clarkson on a better 2nd line winger. that deal is looking very bad. i'll give him a pass this year, but man, a whole year's pass? what is he suddenly going to bring that he simply hasn't brought? i'd rather have komorov for $2M.
- Kadri. I think he could be the improvement here. just need a more consistently dangerous player who is more of a 65 - 70 point guy.
we are in huge danger now. boy do we need to start grabbing two points in a string of games really soon. we are in a dogfight for the playoffs. i don't want boston or pitt in the first round, but it's starting to look likely.
thoughts re. our D moving forward:
- morgan rielly on pace for almost 30 points as a 19-year old? awesome. expect a 60+ point season from him within three years
- cody franson can go away this summer if you ask me. don't like him.
- gardiner really starting to explode over the past couple of weeks. like what i see there. just needs to get more confident and play with more poise in his own end and he's there.
- dion is our anchor. glad we signed him long term.
4 weeks ago on Leafs Notebook – March 19
we absolutely need to win tonight's game. need to keep a tiny cushion and build some momentum back.
haven't heard any update on either reimer or bernier's status re. health. anyone hear anything?
1 month ago on Game Review: Game #68, Maple Leafs 3 vs. LA Kings 2
great confidence boosting game for reimer. necessary if bernier is out for any length of time. reim's been looking shaky lately and who could blame him, with the lack of playing time. great to see him play SO strong tonight.
i was at the game and he was definitely looking at his best. confident. aggressive. controlling rebounds. good game.
i still hope bernier is not out for long at all. but a good 1-2 punch in net will get you to the playoffs almost every time.
1 month ago on Shark Club Game Day: Game #68, Maple Leafs at LA Kings