Livefyre Profile

Activity Stream

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli Yeah... We also heard about his shot non-stop and I haven't seen him rip one bomb.

5 hours, 57 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@GibsonLPStudio @Anthony Petrielli As much as I don't like Panik (quite a bit)... He's not an AHLer.

5 hours, 58 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@Optimustic @Anthony Petrielli I've been trying to look and it's really hard!

5 hours, 58 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@APetrielli

Don't want to bury a guy two games into his NHL career, but Casey Bailey is turning 24 and his debut has been very Christian Hanson-esque.

6 hours, 1 minute ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli Same, but playing LW and RW gives him a leg up at times depending on the scenario.

6 hours, 21 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli AHL-KHL-NHL is a lot of travelling and adjusting for anyone in one season. I don't know if I'd say he had a leg up... If he was strictly in the AHL I would agree.

6 hours, 25 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli All my point is, is that he's simply not a fourth liner. He's not a scorer, in a perfect world he's a third liner, but I think he can score at a reasonable enough rate to be an interchangeable L2/L3er based on line-up needs on a nightly basis.

6 hours, 27 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli Yeah, his rookie season in a messed up year. That one.

6 hours, 31 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli @DeclanK You can't set a games played benchmark on NHL.com and I'm not going through it manually, so...

6 hours, 32 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli He did it in the lockout season with Grabovski and Kulemin too. So no it's not singular. 

6 hours, 36 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @DeclanK 176 forwards had 33+ points last year. Divide that by 30 teams and you're looking at 5.6 forwards per team getting that amount. So if you want to get technical that places him in the top six. 

6 hours, 37 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli He isn't exclusively a third liner though so no thanks. He plays every forward position and moves up to L2 at times with ease. 

6 hours, 38 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@NotSince67 @Anthony Petrielli There is a big difference between being a top nine forward and a fourth liner

6 hours, 41 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@mcloki @Anthony Petrielli Hey, these are the opinions people hear on TV and then parrot to me in conversation so just trying to nip it in the ass immediately.

6 hours, 44 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@DeclanK @NotSince67 @robvollmanNHL  Jul 20

How many points to expect from KHLers? Basically, Lehtera in the high 40s, Sekac, Komarov, Kuznetsov and Kontiola in the 30s.

6 hours, 45 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

Big LOL to Komarov being only a L4er. 

6 hours, 47 minutes ago on GDT: Game 78, Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m., SN)

Reply

@Claymish Any list putting Reinhart above Ekblad has zero credibility. 

10 hours, 18 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@MaxwellHowe Carrick down, Bailey in

15 hours, 5 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@Mind Bomb @Anthony Petrielli @wiski One. It's already happened.

17 hours, 2 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@wiski He can be sent down for the rest of the season but can't play in the playoffs is my understanding. 

17 hours, 6 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@dlbu dlbu E @Anthony Petrielli I like him too, but what his role will or can be is still a big question mark to me. 

17 hours, 12 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@MaxwellHowe @Anthony Petrielli Kadri and Holland were the two biggest beneficiaries of Winnik and Santo IMO.

17 hours, 18 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@MaxwellHowe Funny that people were talking about Holland as a top six C a month ago and now nobody even notes he's missing.

17 hours, 26 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@Cameron19 @LoovTrain Yeah I would want Santo for cheaper, like $2.5Mish on a two year deal, or 2Mx3yrs.

17 hours, 28 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@MaxwellHowe Depends if they are tanking next year or trying to actually start improve, I suppose.

17 hours, 31 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@LoovTrain Yeah it's first half/second half with him, but he eats minutes either way so technically he'll be in their top four no matter what (again) next season.

17 hours, 32 minutes ago on Leafs Notebook – April 1

Reply

@TorontoMapleLeafs @Anthony Petrielli @Sebastian James Have no interest in it. Team is a big enough joke that speaks for itself, doesn't need anything added to it. 

1 day, 2 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@Dougie Wraparound Yes but he is a different story. That guy is like the .0001% that you watch growing up and say "holy crap he's going first overall."

1 day, 2 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@mirtle  6m

6 minutes ago

So with another win tonight, the Leafs have a 12% chance of finishing fifth last, 80% at fourth last and 8% at third last.

1 day, 2 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@NotSince67 An OHL player that will be a high NHL draft pick looking good in minor midget hockey is really not impressive.

1 day, 2 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@loomx Hard for D-men to have any sort of immediate ROI though, which is a valid point.

1 day, 2 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@mcloki @Anthony Petrielli @steele123 @DeclanK True friends are the ones that keep you humble when you succeed! 

1 day, 10 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@wiski @Anthony Petrielli @mcloki @steele123 @DeclanK Ha, thanks! To be honest I coach AAA and that is far more rewarding than writing at any mainstream media outlet in my books.

1 day, 10 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@mcloki @Anthony Petrielli @steele123 @DeclanK I've spoken with a few outlets but hard to find something mainstream where I wouldn't be editorialized. 

1 day, 10 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@wiski @Anthony Petrielli @mcloki @steele123 @DeclanK Originally yeah but it's shifted more into marketing/communications. I guess technically writing is part of that!

1 day, 10 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@DeclanK Leafs have been out since puck drop at game 1 and that is a light number here. 

1 day, 11 hours ago on GDT: Game 77, Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs (7:30pm, TSN4)

Reply

@Cameron19 @Anthony Petrielli @LoovTrain @Scooby64 No, being honest. They have a really solid defense on paper, one of the best goalies in the league, and a pretty mediocre forward group. Nobody is worried about playing them in the playoffs.

1 day, 17 hours ago on Monday Mashup: Connor Brown has 4pt game, Nylander adds goal+assist in Marlies win over Rochester

Reply

@BoneChompski Should have just left Brennan down for it

5 days, 14 hours ago on Game 75 Scoring Chances: Panthers 4 vs. Maple Leafs 1

Reply

@Cloud09 @Anthony Petrielli @Hammertownleaffan Still purge everyone who wants out and Bozak, Lupul, and maybe JVR for a more significant piece than a winger.

1 week ago on Leafs Notebook – March 25

Reply

@Hammertownleaffan @Anthony Petrielli Phil, JVR Bozak, Lupul, Kadri. Vs. Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Saad. 

1 week ago on Leafs Notebook – March 25

Reply

@Hammertownleaffan @Anthony Petrielli Kane's making more and Phil's better IMO

1 week ago on Leafs Notebook – March 25

Reply

@Hammertownleaffan @Anthony Petrielli I have a Phil jersey too. Let's see if they win the lottery first though... Would look mighty fine playing with McDavid.

1 week ago on Leafs Notebook – March 25

Reply