Bio not provided
To: Lance Blanks and Lon Babby
As a suns fans i request that you please hand in your resignations. You obviously do not have the knowledge/business acumen to properly run the suns franchise. This lack of ability has cost the Suns dearly this season and has put in jeopardy the future of the franchise as it looks to rebuild post-Nash. As i am aware that you have a very cushy job that you will likely not remove yourself from, please take some friendly advice.
1. Do not sign Josh Smith to a Max Contract.He is NOT a franchise type player and not someone who yu can build around for the future.
2. Do not trade J.Dudley and a future 1st round pick for Iman Shumpert. While Shumpert is a good young player and a great man to man defender he is not worth Dudley (who is on a great contract for the next 4 years) and a future first round pick (which due to your continued incompetence is likely to be a very good pick)
3. Please do not look to sign M. Ellis. While he is a great scorer and this franchise certainly needs someone to create a shot for themselves outside of G.Dragic and M.Beasley, Ellis is simply a shoot first and second and third type point guard, and not someone that would fit in well with the current Suns roster which requires a facilitator to get people good shots.
Please look at
1. Making trades that will look to get us some more early first round draft picks. Despite our recent bad track record with draft picks, the Suns have in the past selected good talent (Rondo, Deng, Gortat, Robinson). Please invest in scouting the college and international scene and in developing talent. (By talent I mean actual talent.. not "talent" such as M.Morris and W.Johnson)
2. Look to get two way players, and a defensive anchor. While M.Gortat was great for the suns last year, his whole game, both what he does on offense and defense is tied into the amount of points/shots he has scored / taken. When he does not score well or get less shots than he fells he deserves, he hands his head and gives up on both ends of the court. This is not they type of player you can develop a good team core around, as young players will look to this and follow by example.
Instead please look at this trade
The trade would bring A.Bogut, R.Jefferson and F.Ezeli to the Suns and send out M.Gortat, M.Morris, W.Johnson, S.Telfair and S.Brown. This trade would see the Suns gain a person many believe is the best defensive center in the league in Bogut, a young center on a great contract in Ezeli and Jefferson’s bloated contract. The trade would take out more than $6million in payroll for GSW and would put them under the tax threshold. It would also see them with aprox. $8Million on cap room, with the ability to amnesty A.Biedrins and create $18million worth of cap space to chase free agents next year. Not only this but they would be getting a center that can stay healthy and on the court, who when engaged can be very effective.
They Suns may also have to give swap first round picks such as the Lakers pick assuming that it is higher. This should not be a problem as in this draft (and most) any picks outside of the top 12 are generally role players and not stars.
For those that would like to talk about the “cap” hit the Suns would take this year, my answer is this… D.Howard is not coming, and no one else is worth the suns throwing max contracts at. Bogut and Jefferson’s contact expire at the end of next season, and Beasley’s contract is only partially guaranteed. Morris and Marshal may not have their options picked up and the suns would have close to $25Million in cap space available. That combined with some promising draft picks may entice some free agents of value to look to the Suns
For those that took the time to read all this, thank you, any comments will be appreciated.
1 year, 8 months ago on Iman Shumpert wanted by Suns, according to NBA trade rumor