Bio not provided
We do almost exactly the same thing. We use jars instead of envelopes, but I like the envelope idea better. The jars take up a good bit of space.
1 year, 9 months ago on Teaching Children Responsibility Through Allowance #VirtualPiggy
I've been a public school teacher for 10 years, and I have a master's degree in curriculum. Last year, I quit my job to homeschool my kids (the oldest is in kindergarten at home now). I did it for many of the same reasons you describe, plus some. There is no doubt that children learn better with a lower child to adult ratio. School districts across Pennsylvania are increasing class size because of budgetary problems, but my daughter is in a class of one. My other big reason is that I think gifted programs fail as a rule, and they teach the brightest kids to sit back and coast. I want my bright child to learn to challenge herself instead.
Thanks for having the courage to write an article like this.
2 years, 7 months ago on 12 Most Compelling Reasons to Homeschool Your Children
You rock, Heather. :) Congrats!
2 years, 9 months ago on Quick Off-Topic Break for a Major Milestone Brag
I would love to have my blog reviewed!
1. Set up - My primary concern is whether I should change things around to make it more like a magazine with channels than a plain old blog. There are a few things I dislike about the design - things don't always line up just so, the links are either all underlined or all not underlined, and the theme disables threaded comments.
2. Overall design - Is it appealing? Again, thinking about switching themes to Thesis (or something all together different) but a little intimidated by the work it would require.
3. Advertisements - It's necessary for me to monetize, but I worry that I have too many ads on the page.
4. A landing page - I'm thinking about adding a static landing page. Good idea? Bad idea? I used to have a landing page with snippets of articles, but some readers complained. They wanted a full post on the landing page.
5. What's missing? I worry that there's something I'm not doing that I should be doing. I don't know what it is. Is there something important missing?
Thanks for the opportunity!
3 years, 4 months ago on Get your blog reviewed during #Blogchat!